Tuesday, February 24, 2015

So my realtor sends me an email...

I was in the market to buy a new apartment.
I told my realtor I'd be open to almost any neighborhood in Manhattan. I'd lived on the Upper West Side for almost 25 years and needed a change. I'd be happy with Carnegie Hill, Murray Hill, the Upper East Side, Chelsea, you name it. The East side was a little more attractive as I have a weekend home out at the end of Long Island in a cute little town called Sag Harbor. Being able to jump right onto the FDR Drive to get out of the city would shave at least 20 to 30 minutes off my Friday night commutes.
So my realtor, David, sends me an email one day late last summer titled "Beautiful Wreck". It was a listing for a studio apartment (I was looking for a studio or one bedroom). He went on to say "Look at this GEM. It is in one of the most stunning, pre-war buildings in NYC! It is a total fixer-upper. I've requested a floor plan and a viewing. What do you think?" There was little to glean from the listing as it showed no pictures of the apartment itself. I would later find out why (more on that later). Suffice it to say it's been a long road, but I closed on this 'gem' TODAY. And I couldn't be happier. This blog will be the story of the renovation of my new home. I'll share as much of this new life project as I can. There's so much backstory already, but I'll save those stories for future postings.
Stay with me on this journey...it's going to be fun to see how it all turns out!
Here's the floor plan...and off we go!!



No comments:

Post a Comment