Friday, January 25, 2019

Emergency

Another sad day at the building.
I had gone out this afternoon for a dentist appointment. When I was walking up to the building there were several ambulances with flashing red lights going. As I got closer I could see a firetruck on the side street also. I thought "Uh oh, someone's in trouble."


When I went up to the door it was blocked by a lot of activity in the lobby. One of the porters motioned me to enter through the side door on Sutton Place. The scene was tense. Several EMT folks were working around an elderly man on a gurney. They were doing emergency CPR, pounding on his chest. It was very disturbing to watch. Poor thing, I hope he's alright. I didn't recognize him but the building is so large there are many people I don't know.




UPDATE: I heard from one of the porters that the gentleman did not make it. Sadly, he passed away.




No comments:

Post a Comment