Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A fireside chat

This week the marble mantel,--the one I bought on Craigslist weeks ago--was installed. 
I still can't believe I got it (and a second one too!) for such a great price. Note to all: Craigslist can be your friend! I highly recommend it for any and all furniture purchases if you're on a budget.
It did come with a marble hearthstone but Guillermo my contractor and Steve my architect both felt that it was too beaten up and large for the space in front of the mantel. So we're going to go with a new piece of stone, preferably black. 
Also to come: the inside of the firebox being tiled with small semi-gloss subway tiles placed in a herringbone pattern. Stay tuned for that finishing touch.
Here are a couple of pictures of the piece being installed...




No comments:

Post a Comment