Sunday, October 25, 2015

Two steps forward, one step back

I went to see the apartment by myself yesterday, the first time I'd seen it in about two and half weeks.
I was supposed to meet Steve the architect there also but he overslept, must've had a late night.
But it didn't matter because not a lot had been done to the place and it was very upsetting to see it still has a long way to go.
I thought I'd walk in and there would be a lot of progress...no such luck.
While some things did get done (more on that in a minute), a lot did not: the bathroom tiling is only 50% done and there has been NO tiling done in the kitchen. This is bad. The appliances are set to be delivered THIS WEEK. TOMORROW in fact. I suppose they'll just have to sit in the middle of the place till they're ready to be installed. This doesn't worry me too much as this is what happened on my last renovation. But still. Would have been nice to see some advancement.
The biggest worry is that I have booked the move-in date with the moving company for the end of NOVEMBER, the 23rd to be exact. That's less than one month away. I fussed and implored Steve to impress upon the contractor and his project manager that we MUST hit this date. I don't want--nor can I afford--to pay yet another month's rent in December to Tony for his apartment. I need the money!
And the biggest thing yet to be done, the installation of the exterior windows, hasn't even happened yet. The windows are not finished. They don't arrive till the second week of November. This is why my beard is WHITE.
But there is some good news.
The floors have been finished and they look impressive, very happy with them. Here are a few pics of the main hallway to show the color and finish, a medium dark brown. The floors in the main room were done as well but they were covered back up with paper (as well as all the construction mess).

Looking into hallway from main room 
Hallway floor 
Hallway from entry vantage

View of hallway from main room

Finished floors and steps
A lot of pieces of the millwork have been done as well, I saw the drawers for the big hallway closets and the closet doors. I also saw that some of the millwork on the feature wall behind the mantel has been installed, the bottom doors for example.
And here's the bathroom tiling. It's looking okay but not even any grouting has been done!

Bathroom tiling, no grouting has been done

Bathroom floor

Bathroom shower

Bathroom ceiling

That's it. Not a lot of progress for a few weeks' time. Steve keeps assuring me that things will go quickly now but I'm dubious and I'm NOT happy about it :(

No comments:

Post a Comment