Thursday, February 11, 2016

The spice (shelf) of life

One of the most copied film sets in the last 15 years, inspiring kitchens across America,  has got to be the sprawling Hamptons kitchen for Diane Keaton's character in "Something's Gotta Give". White subway tiles, big prep island, pendant lights, dark counters, white cabinets...it's all still popular today. I even borrowed a couple of ideas for my new kitchen. Of course, it was all just a brilliantly designed set, but it sure looked terrific. You can read about it in this NYTimes article, here.
One thing I loved in particular was the little marble spice shelf above the big Wolf stove.

Diane in her perfect kitchen with the Wolf stove and handy spice shelf
I liked the thought of keeping those everyday cooking items within arms length but out of the way. Sure enough when Steve, my architect, suggested one for above my stove I said an emphatic "yes!" And so here it is. Now I just need to start putting some spices on it...I don't think a salt cellar and pepper ramekin qualify as 'spices' :)

Where are the spices?

No comments:

Post a Comment