Tuesday, November 14, 2017

What a crock

I'm a big fan of crock pots. Especially when the weather turns cooler. It's the perfect time for hearty stews that are so easy to make in these contraptions. You just chop up the ingredients, throw it in the pot and 8 hours later you've got a great tasting meal.
The problem is that I didn't own one in the city. Until now.
I decided they were too essential to cooking and living on a budget not to have one in both homes. So I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond the other day (there's a huge one only 3 blocks from my apartment) and snapped up a nice one for only $35.
The next day I made a delicious beef stew with big chunks of stew meat, celery, onions, mushrooms, and carrots. All this marinates in the crock with a can of beef broth, a little bit of flour, some thyme, and salt and pepper, and-VOILA!-easy peasy dinner. It couldn't be easier. I'm gonna use this one a LOT this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment