Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Bed & a backup

Since we've started camping out here at the new house we've been sleeping on air mattresses borrowed from my broker in the Hamptons, Lillian. They were fine for the first few weeks, a little squishy to sleep on but 'beggars can't be choosers', right? But I ended up wanting to make things a little more livable, so I bought a new mattress for us to sleep on. The primary bedroom is quite sizable, I decided to splurge on a king sized one to give us more room at night. The size is really conducive for two men and a little dog who insists on sleeping with his dad! I'm still testing out the firmness. I went with FIRM because my mattress in Sag was feeling a little soft and I've been suffering from backaches (or is it just old age??) A little more support was called for...but I'm still waking up with pain, ugh. So the next step is to try a mattress cover with padding. It could be the softness I need with the support underneath. I still have a few more weeks before I'm committed to this mattress so stay tuned.
This past weekend one of my 'must' tasks was to learn how to turn on and operate the electrical generator. We hear that from time to time the power goes out in this neighborhood and having this system will allow us to weather the storm so to speak. It would keep the fridge, furnace, internet going for about 12 hours on a small amount of gas. I looked up how-to videos for the make and model the previous owners left us and I was able to start it up. It's relatively easy thank God. Now I'm sorta prepared for the first outage *fingers crossed*.

No comments:

Post a Comment