Friday, June 17, 2016

Mugging for the camera

In the morning I need a lot of coffee to wake up.
My pet peeve is small coffee cups that, after only a few sips, you must keep refilling.
Give me a big mug that holds a large quantity and is good for a while before it needs replenishing.
I have a small but cherished collection of mugs at the apartment for just this task.
I have two really large cups that I found on separate occasions at Fish's Eddy on lower Broadway.





Then there's this red mug I got on a trip to London; I thought the famous WWII poster it's sporting would make a good souvenir from Jolly Old England. I especially like to drink afternoon tea with this one.



I have a set of four slightly smaller Buffalo China mugs that came in a full set. I like that they're very hefty and feel good in your hand. The whole set is well made, practically indestructible, like the kind you find in an old fashioned diner.



Lastly, there's this Harvard mug I got at a thrift shop upstate, it's also very thick and heavy. I like the inset lip, it keeps liquids warmer a tad longer I've found.




No comments:

Post a Comment