Sunday, June 5, 2016

HomeGoods happy

I needed a pillow for the sofa, the leather Chesterfield.
But I was (and still am) on a budget.
Everywhere I looked, occasional and throw pillows were upwards of $50, usually more depending on the store.
Then one day a couple of months ago my friend Doris asked me if I wanted to go out to New Jersey for some retail therapy. We'd hit IKEA, and HomeGoods. I thought either store would be a great place to find a simple, inexpensive pillow.
Sure enough, HomeGoods had just what I was looking for, a graphic navy blue pillow, medium sized. Navy is the color I'm using as an accent in the apartment, it happens to be my favorite color too.
The best part? The one I spotted was only $19.00. Perfect.
As it turns out, it's a subtle match to the blue-ish carpet runner I bought for the kitchen, so that diamond/trellis idea is a sort-of design motif. You can see that carpet in this posting.
Afterwards, I realized why the tagline of "HomeGoods Happy" is so genius. You can find home decor items there that you really like and you don't have to bust your wallet in the process. Happy indeed :)

The pillow I found

No comments:

Post a Comment