Sunday, November 13, 2016

The brave little toaster

I've been needing a new toaster since I moved into this apartment last December. But money's been tight and decided I could live without one for a while. Then yesterday I found an American Express gift card that I remembered had some money left on it, I didn't know exactly how much though. I decided to make a trip to Bed Bath & Beyond and just take a peek at the toasters, maybe there'd be one on sale. I found the one I liked best, a Cuisinart stainless steel model. It was $49, more than I wanted to spend but I figured I go to the check-out and present the gift card. If there was enough money left on it then it was a sign that I was meant to have this appliance. Sure enough, the cashier rang up the purchase and I had just enough! The toaster was mine :) After one of the shittiest weeks on record I needed a little good news.
I think the little toaster looks good in the kitchen tucked in with all my cutting boards and bigger utensils. The stainless matches the oven too.




No comments:

Post a Comment