Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Clocking in

Somehow I ended up with two clocks by my bed IN A ONE ROOM APARTMENT. Crazy, right? 

TWO bedside clocks
Here's how it happened:
I need an electrical clock to set my alarm to, to wake me up every morning. The one I have is a thousand years old, I like it because the numbers are VERY BIG. I can look over when I'm half asleep and actually see what time it is through the haze of slumber. Now, I would put that clock on the little shelf Steve, my architect, designed for my bedside but it doesn't fit there. The outlet is below the shelf, so it would be hard to access and see (a design flaw, sorry Steve). So I ended up putting the clock on a little wooden table on the other side of the bed (I sleep on the right side of the bed anyway so this makes even more sense). 

The digital alarm clock


But then I needed a clock in the main room, one I could glance at for the time. Why not glance at the digital clock? BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEE IT FROM ANYWHERE IN THE ROOM, especially when sitting in the living area, the bed and linens block it. AARGH. Then I had a brainstorm. I had an extra wall clock stuck in a drawer that I wasn't using. It was in the guest bedroom of the old apartment and I never had a use for it. Well, now I did! It fit perfectly in the bedside niche (and looks great there too). So now whenever I need to know the time I have easy access. Problem solved. And that's the story of how I ended up with two bedside clocks. Time flies when you're having fun...

The niche clock
Perfect fit





No comments:

Post a Comment