Thursday, November 10, 2016

Too close for comfort

It's been a very sad week.
The election has put a damper on everything and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it...the implications for all of us are yet to unfold, we'll just have to see what happens. And pray this country can hold it together.
This much I do know: I am very close to the eye of the storm. When I went to vote this week, it was the first time since I've moved to this neighborhood. My voting place is a high school on 56th Street and 2nd Avenue just two blocks away. When I got there the lines were wrapping around the block and there was an unbelievable cortege of press, cameras, and police. Then it all made sense. This is where That Candidate was going to come vote. See, his golden tower is just a few blocks away. I voted, it took forever, but had to leave to make an appointment. Sure enough, he showed up with his wife to vote a couple of hours later and was greeted with boos and shouts of "New York hates you!" (Thank God for New Yorkers).
But now that the dust is settling on this very unnerving election, I realize that his properties could be--God forbid--major targets for terrorism...and my building in close proximity by just a few blocks. If I sound skittish, I am. Oh, what scary times we live in...


11.8.16

No comments:

Post a Comment