Sunday, December 18, 2016

Birthday gifts for me,The Beautiful Wreck

I had a birthday last week.
My friend Jan has a knack of giving the best gifts. She's an inveterate haunter of antique shops, tag sales, and thrift shops of all kinds so she's always finding the most thoughtful presents. I've been the recipient of her finds many times over the years. This year included.
She gave me a little cast iron set of boots.



She thought they were cowboy boots (a nod to my Texas heritage) but I think they look more like the kind of boots European armies wore in the 19th Century, think the Swedish dragoon in "A Little Night Music".



I think they were the base to a military doll. Whatever they are I like them and they make a nice paper weight for my desk.
Jan's husband, Hugh, is a product designer and amateur cartoonist. He makes the best homemade greeting cards. This year my birthday card was no exception. It's me in bed dreaming of pies, cakes, muffins, and more pies. Very true to life!
I had an extra picture frame so I thought it would make a nice piece of kitchen art.






No comments:

Post a Comment