Friday, December 2, 2016

We need a little Christmas

Well, it's been a pretty suck-o year. But now that it's December it's time to, as Rosalind Russell says in "The Trouble With Angels", to "celebrate the season of our Savior's birthday". So I pulled out my (few) Christmas decorations and put them up. I have a LOT more at the house in Long Island, that's where I go nuts with the seasonal decor, but a few little things do make the place here in the city more festive. And, boy, as Angela Lansbury sings in "Mame", "we need a little Christmas now". (You can hear it here.)
First off, there's no room that doesn't look a whole lot more festive with white twinkly lights. I put a strand on the big picture window sill and it brightens up the whole place.





Then I have my snow white stocking on the marble mantle.





And last, a homemade snow globe a friend made for me as a gift a few Christmas ago. It's on the mantle too.






No comments:

Post a Comment