Sunday, July 19, 2015

A furniture plan

Steve is already thinking about how the furniture will lay out in the main room.
He sent me two thought-starter plans.
It's a good sized room but it's not tremendous, I'll have to do some editing of my furniture from my last apartment (it was a two bedroom/two bath, so everything is NOT going to fit).
Here he's indicated the Chesterfield sofa, my Eames chair and ottoman, my parson's table desk, the bed, a coffee table, and a side table...that's it, that's about all that will fit. I keep asking him if more things can be squeezed in and the answer is an emphatic "NO". Oh well, that's life in a Manhattan studio.
I'm leaning toward the first of the two ideas, i like the sofa facing the mantel/TV...but the second idea could work as well...ultimately, we won't know for sure 'til we actually get all the stuff in the space, and that's a LONG way off!
Sofa centered on mantel/TV

Sofa facing entranceway into room

No comments:

Post a Comment