Friday, July 17, 2015

Meanwhile, back at the ranch

There's been a lot of progress on the project at the house, the one where I'm turning an upstairs bedroom into a home office. I'm adding floor-to-ceiling bookshelves and cabinets on the far wall that surrounds a side window. Here are some pictures of how it's looking, the wide shot is kinda dark, the cabinet doors have not been attached, they're leaning inside.

Floor-to-ceiling bookshelves and cabinets
Right side

Left side
The window is going to be replaced by a new '6 over 1' paned one, to match all the rest of the windows in the house. This window and the corresponding one in the other upstairs bedroom will be the last of the house's windows to be replaced. I've been wanting to do this for YEARS, it's finally happening.
There will also be some more low storage shelves under the roofline and dormer window on another wall of the room.
Low shelves with beadboard at back

I really like the use of beadboard for the back of these shelves. This mimics some shelves I have in the hallway leading upstairs. I find it a very cottage-y look. The cabinet doors will also have a beadboard frontispiece with black wrought iron hardware. Once all this millwork is done the entire room gets painted. I can't wait to get my work desk and daybed in there, it'll be a great place to do projects, arts and crafts, and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment