Sunday, July 26, 2015

Crossed wires

I got an email last week from my contractor saying there was a new problem.


He tells me that the existing electrical meter is not large enough, it's currently 110 Volts and needs to be 220 Volts to be sufficient for everything in the apartment, i.e. a washer and dryer, etc.
He said we also need to run a new riser wire (whatever that means) to the apartment thru the main hallway which is the only possible route. So, of course, this is all going to be an overage. But in speaking to Steve my architect, this was all discussed beforehand and this rewiring was accounted for in the estimate. So somebody is wrong. They're going to speak and iron it out. I hope. I was so wanting to avoid the slow trickle of overages, Death by a Thousand Cuts. Fingers crossed it's just a mix-up.




No comments:

Post a Comment