Wednesday, March 30, 2016

At the head of the headboard

I want to put another gallery wall of pictures above the tufted upholstered headboard...but I don't have enough pieces to fill it out yet. In the meantime I'm settling for one painting centered above the bed. It's an old painting of a factory that I got from my friend Jan. It's got that WPA 1930s vibe to it, you know, like a lot of that art of the period that showed industrious America at work, symbols of production and prosperity, anything to counter the dire state of the economy in The Great Depression.
I really like the colors in it--browns, ecrus, siennas, grays--they're a lot of the same colors in the rest of the apartment. I hung it with two extra heavy duty Command hooks (my favorite product EVER) because even though the painting is fairly light in weight, I don't want to chance it falling on my head in the middle of the night and scaring the bejesus out of me...or worse, doing me physical harm!

The WPA-like painting above my bed


A close-up 

No comments:

Post a Comment