Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Let's table this for now

I finally solved The Dining Niche Dilemma.
I found a dining table that I truly love and think it looks great.
The search led me far and wide, to endless furniture websites, Craigslist, Chairy.com, eBay, 1stDibs, thrift stores, antique stores, yard sales..and I ended up with one of the first ideas I ran across, a clean, graphic bistro table at CB2, the "Hackney".
Here's what I love about it:
--it was the perfect size, only 28" in diameter. It needed to be large enough to hold a dining service AND I wanted room to place a book, or magazine, or laptop alongside it in case I wanted to multi-task while eating.
--it has a solid marble top. There's a lot of marble in this apartment, you could say it's a thru-composed design motif, so this little table fits right in like a glove. Just steps away is the marble mantel, so the repetition of material is a plus.
--it has the subtlest of bronze/gold accents, a metal band right above the silver base. Again, the dominant metal used throughout the apartment is an aged bronze, so that element is repeated here too.
My finances are a little stretched right now (when are they not, LOL), and this was very much a splurge purchase...BUT I really, REALLY needed it. I was so very tired of making dinner and dragging the food all the way across the apartment to my desk. ENOUGH! I'll eat ramen noodles for dinner for a few weeks, I have a lovely new little table to eat them on :)
Here are some pictures of the piece...









No comments:

Post a Comment