Sunday, May 22, 2016

Home is where the hearth is

I stumbled upon a great app for my AppleTV the other day. It's called "Magic Fireplace" and it's simply video of a burning fireplace that plays on a loop so that you can have something cozy on your TV screen when you're at home and not watching a program. It comes with sound effects that you can turn up, down, or mute, the sounds of a crackling logs. The best part is that there are a number of different fireplaces to choose from, different styles and hearth materials. I program mine on 'shuffle' so that every minute or so the look of the fireplace changes. It's quite nice to have it going when I'm just working on my computer and listening to music. Here are a few shots of how it looks:







I mean, if I can't have a real fire in my fireplace I might as well have the next best thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment