Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mirror, mirror, pt. 2

I've been wanting to hang something on the blank wall space in one of the corners of the main room, the wall next to one of the built-in bookshelves behind my easy chair.
I kept thinking I would do a grouping of some small artwork or a small painting of some sort, but my finances being limited these days I'm sure this wouldn't be in the cards anytime soon. 
But then I had a brainstorm: I've had a black wooden mirror stuck in the back of the closet since I moved in, wouldn't that be the right size to fit there? In short, it was and it is. 
I hung it a couple of days ago and it feels like it's been there all along.

Here's a shot of the space before the mirror:


And here's a couple of shots after it was hung:



I can always change it out someday if I find something better (remember, I ALWAYS hang anything in my apartment with damage-free Command™ hooks), so it's the perfect solution, at least for now. 
I love the way mirrors reflect light back into a space and as you walk into that main room it subtley makes the room feel just a teensy bit bigger, another decorating advantage of reflective mirrors. One note: I'm really not loving that floor lamp beside the chair. It's got to go...too big. Plus, I've got enough drum shaped lampshades in the room. I've had my eye on a small standing floor lamp to go next to that chair, it's from West Elm, it's got a nice carrera marble base...but I need some cashola coming in before I splurge on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment