Monday, April 6, 2015

Approved!

After the introductions and the the lemon bars discussion we started the Board interview proper.
I must say the setting was lovely. The President's apartment was exactly what you'd think a Manhattan East Side penthouse apartment would look like. Buttery yellow walls. Comfy floral upholstered sofas. A big fireplace. Beautiful artwork on the walls. And the right warm lighting to flatter everyone! I only saw the living room but could peek beyond into the dining room and kitchen and the views looked stunning, a wrap-around view of the East River all aglow with nighttime winter lights.
The questions were very conversational, not a grilling by any means. They all made me feel comfortable and welcomed.
"Why did you choose to leave the West Side?"
"Why did you want to downsize?"
"Tell us about your job, what accounts do you work on?" (I work in ad agency).
"Do you do any charity work?"
I answered everything as best I could, truthfully and sincerely. The President did mention the lien incident, but didn't dwell on it; my answer to the Board had satisfied their questions she said.
Before I knew it, the whole thing was over. It lasted all of 30 minutes, 40 tops.
They saw me to the door, we said our goodbyes. Just two days later I got the email from the managing company saying I was approved to buy the apartment! I was elated. It was a long time incubating but I got the answer I was hoping for. The only stipulation was they asked that I close on my old apartment before I bought this new one. I suppose they wanted to insure that I had the financials to cover the all cash purchase (I did even before the sale but I wasn't about to quibble...I was in and I didn't want to tempt fate!)


1 comment: