Tuesday, April 7, 2015

We closed in Pittsburgh

I really wanted to attend the closing of the new apartment.
There's nothing like signing all those papers and checks and then being handed the keys to your new home. It's all yours. Finally.
This closing took a month to schedule because I had to wait for the sale of my old place first. After the buyers were approved by my old building we could finally move forward, and as (bad) luck would have it, I had to be out of town on business the week the closing was scheduled. File it under "it never fails."
I was shooting some commercials in what has become one of my favorite cities, Pittsburgh.
Lovely Pittburgh, PA













I had to enlist 'power of attorney'. My lawyer Justin attended on my behalf along with my realtor David. Everything went according to Hoyle. Hallelujah.













Days later David told me the best story. The seller is a very old gentlemen in his eighties, who lives in Florida and has owned the apartment for over fifty years. He had been renting it to the same woman all that time and now that she was deceased he was free to sell the unit and reap the profit. And reap he did. He bought the place in the early 1960's for--wait for it--FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS. Let's just say his return on investment was QUITE a princely sum. It proves that old dictum 'good things come to those who wait'. I say good for him. Somewhere on a hot beach in Boca is an old dude lounging with a very large Mai-Tai in his very tanned hands and wearing the biggest smile on the Eastern seaboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment