Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Kitchen confidential

The kitchen is going to be considerably bigger than the existing one. Stealing space from the entry gallery will gain me enough room to have a decent sized kitchen (albeit by Manhattan standards). It will allow me to get a full size stove/oven, refrigerator, and stackable washer/dryer. And although it is within the interior of the apartment, the large window that looks out into the building's back courtyard will allow a nice amount of light.





As for the kitchen's design, I love the idea of white subway tiles with medium dark grout paired with dark gray countertops and light gray cabinets. Again, I like a masculine vibe and one that would feel as if it's true to what the kitchen might have looked like from the building's first year, 1938.
All fixtures will be brass...I've grown tired of stainless steel and nickel. Brass will make a nice warm counterpoint to all the cool grays.
Here's a bunch of inspiration scrap for the look and feeling I'm hoping to achieve:




No comments:

Post a Comment