Wednesday, May 13, 2015

'Ron takes a bawth'

They say kitchens and baths can really sell an apartment. And even though I have no plans whatsoever to sell this apartment anytime soon, I do want to make the bathroom very special, a sanctuary for long hot showers which I love to take.
Steve came up with a brilliant design based on several pieces of scrap I gave him.
Here's the layout and elevations:













































We're going to do a classic subway tile throughout. My favorite thing is that it will go up to and cover the ceiling. The ceiling edges will curve. It sort of reminds me of the curved tile work in the famous Oyster Bar restaurant underneath Grand Central Station.

Grand Central Station Oyster Bar

Just like the kitchen, I want all the plumbing fixtures and lighting to be aged brass and the pedestal sink and toilet white porcelain. There's also room for a small linen closet and a niche for some shelves...the perfect place for toiletries, towels, a box of tissues, and toilet paper, all within easy-to-reach access.
Blessedly, there is also a window in the bathroom for light and ventilation (sometimes).
Here are some inspiration pictures:

I will do a pedestal sink like this




















Subway tile
I like the brass fixtures here









































Nice shampoo niche

No comments:

Post a Comment