Thursday, January 14, 2016

Portal to hell

One of the things on the punch list that I'm fairly itching to get done is repainting the front door.
It's a complete mess.

How bad does this look??
During the construction, the workers had to keep a zippered plastic seal over the door in order to keep in the construction dust that--God forbid--might exacerbate the COPD of the old man who lives next door, the one who enlisted his attorney to petition me to not go thru with the project. Yeah right, like that was ever gonna happen. Anyway, the tape pulled off a great deal of the trim paint around the door and now it looks like hell. It is going to get painted, probably next week, but it's so ratty right now it's downright embarrassing to come home to. I feel like it's the doorway to Hades, lol.

P.S...as i was writing this there was a knock at my door...one of the doormen came up to tell me the Super needed to speak to me. I called him right away, apparently "one of the shareholders" called him to complain about how my door looks! Can you believe? There are only three other apartments on my floor, and I'll bet I know who it was, hmmm...more on my neighbors in a future blog post, it's a whole 'nother story!


No comments:

Post a Comment