Friday, January 22, 2016

Punching through the punch list, pt. 3

A little progress this week, but just a little.
The library lights were installed over the built-in bookshelves that surround the mantel. There are three. You can adjust the hood to aim directly at the wall casting light above and below the fixture, or you can aim the hood more downward and it's a more classic library light accenting the shelves. I'm not sure which way I like best, I have to live with a bit. Steve my architect is for casting the light downward. Here it is both ways:

With the hood in this position the light emanates from the top and bottom.
Here it's only cast downward
A closeup of one of the fixtures, they're a Thomas O'Brien design.

The little light in the dining niche was also installed. Note that the plastic is still on the seat's cushion, I'm not removing it til all the work is done and the workers are out. 

New light fixture; it needs a smaller watt bulb.
Another angle.

The under cabinet lights were installed in the kitchen. They still need to be put on a dimmer switch, they're very bright in this shot. 

New lights under kitchen cabinets

There's a small under cabinet light next to the stove/oven. You can see the little electrical box next to it, I don't love seeing that. I discussed removing this one with Steve. The hood light over the stove gives off sufficient light, not to mention the overhead can lights. 

I don't like looking at that electrical box

A huge snowstorm is supposed to hit the East coast this weekend. I would've stayed in the city and  hunker down and ride it out but I couldn't stay there the last two days. The wood floors are being re-finished through Monday. So I came out to the house in Sag Harbor. I have plenty of food, firewood, and a good book. But I'm worried about power outages. Fingers crossed things don't get too bad. 





No comments:

Post a Comment