Saturday, January 2, 2016

Punching through the punch list

Every day last week more little things got done on the punch list, minor things like paint touch-ups but if left unchecked they'd really bug me and I'd obsess over them (my OCD would kick in).
I did finally get all the boxes unpacked and thrown out and I've been organizing all the cabinets and closets, adding needed hooks and re-adjusting shelf heights.
So here are some photos of where things stand now.

The BIG CAVEATS are:
--the workers have been storing their working materials in the fireplace, it's the easiest place to keep things out of the way, so it's a little unattractive right now.
--Also, all the wall mounted light fixtures are still NOT in place, the library lights above the built-in book shelves and the bedside lights. I've held off taking the plastic covering off the tufted headboard and the dining niche window seat because I want to leave that til the end, I don't want any dust or stray paint to hit them while the workers are still on property. The floors still need their touching up and it's just too risky.
--The TV hasn't been hooked up via all the cables, so that cable handing down from it will disappear soon.
--Shelf cabinets still need knobs.
--And of course the full sized mattress is too small for the queen sized bed frame, but that's an expense I just can't afford right now, so I'll just have to live with it for the time being.


A pan of the main room

The mantel wall; no light fixtures above shelves yet!

Mantel wall; TV has not been plugged in yet, hence the dangling cord

Mantel wall


Sofa seating area

End table


I bought new black lampshades for these lamps I got on Ebay years ago for a steal

A gallery wall of miscellaneous pictures

The captain's bed

The desk area

The bed; plastic still on headboard

Pan of room from another angle (sitting in the Eames chair)

View looking into hallway

"The Beast", the big picture window; the two ends with latches can open

View of courtyard  below from desk area window

No comments:

Post a Comment