Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Marilyn slept here, pt. 2

The other day my friend Joe was asking about the progress of the renovation (or lack thereof).
We got to chatting about my new neighborhood and the building and I casually mentioned the trivia tidbit about Marilyn Monroe having lived there with Arthur Miller back in the 1950s.

Marilyn in '50s NYC
Joe asked me which apartment she lived in. The only thing I could find out on the internet was that she was on the 8th floor (my place is on the 5th). He said, "You know, I have a book titled 'Marilyn's Adresses', it lists all the places she lived and the stories involved. I'll bet your building is in there."


Later that night he texted me the page in the book about her living on Sutton Place...it even said the apartment number, 8E. Mystery solved! It went on to describe her living there with Miller before she went off to film "Bus Stop" and having given a press conference in the lobby (see photos of this in my earlier post about her from April 19th).


A big thanks to Joe for helping with the last piece of the puzzle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment