Saturday, December 12, 2015

And miles to go before I sleep

I drove back from the house this morning, mainly to get the rental car back because the rental place closes early on Saturdays. I brought back some things I didn't send to the storage facility, things that were fragile like breakable tchtotkes and lampshades. I took them to the apartment because I also wanted to see how things were looking. In a word, 'unfinished.'
Yes, two of the windows were in place, but they've got a lot of trim work around the edges to be completed.

One of the main room windows installed
And you know from my previous post the headache of the big picture window. That saga will have to be sorted out on Monday.
I hadn't seen the place filled with all my furniture and boxes yet. They're all in a big pile in the center of the room.





The bed is assembled. From what I can see it looks great...and so does the built-in 'nightstand' shelf beside it. The frame was designed for a queen sized bed and my full mattress is therefore a little small. My intention was to get a new one to fit when I moved in, but given how broke I am this one will have to suffice for the time being.

Bed with upholstered headboard covered in plastic

The bedside 'nightstand' is built-in


Then kitchen is all covered in plastic to protect it from all the dust.





And all the windows are placed around the apartment. It's all a mess but at least they're THERE finally.





I think I'm still at least a week out from settling in and sleeping in the place. It all depends on what happens with that picture window. All my fingers and toes are crossed for what the board decides, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment