Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Somebody get me a Valium

I dropped by the apartment this afternoon with some more clothes.
It's a Mad House.
All kinds of workers trying to finish last minute stuff...and a cleaning lady bossing everyone around yelling "Hurry up! We've only got 2 HOURS left! Keep moving!".
Of course, still no sign of the windows...but we were told they'd arrive today at 5:00 to some warehouse in NY. Who knows? I'm taking a Zen attitude at this point, it's gonna be what it's gonna be. I sincerely doubt they'll come first thing in the morning now, coinciding with the furniture movers. They've never shown up on time up until now, NOTHING indicates that tomorrow will be any different...which is probably for the best.
I finally met my building's Super, Gerry, in person for the first time...he's a character.
And the daytime doorman is one for the books too. He's one of those wise crackers.
HIM: "Aren't there two of you?" (I think he was referring to Steve, the architect, maybe he thought we were a couple?)
ME: "No, just one of me...unless I have a long lost twin."
"How's it lookin' up there?"
"Great. It's getting there. And looks a helluva lot better than it did. You ever see that old lady's apartment?"
"Yeesh. I don't know how she lived like that."
"Yeah, with the ghost of Marilyn walking around."
"Oh yeah, I think they was friends! She was always talkin' about her. I think they was showgirls together or sumpin".
And if that wasn't crazy enough, they're decorating the lobby of my building like it's the Macy's Parade...more Christmas lights, poinsettias, and garland than you can imagine...and a real tree that must be 15 feet tall. They're having the building's Holiday party tomorrow night, and I can just see the damn window movers trying to bring in those big crates right thru all those revelers. The Board is gonna have me thrown out before I can even move in!! I need to be medicated. Pronto.

Today's mood

No comments:

Post a Comment