Monday, December 7, 2015

Highs & (very low) lows

We had been told that the windows would arrive this past Friday (this was a delay from being told we'd first get them Thursday).
We didn't get them Friday.
We thought they'd come today, our fingers were crossed.
Well...not only did they not come today, we were told by the shipping company that that wouldn't arrive until TOMORROW AT 5PM! 
This is when I wanted to turn on the gas in my gorgeous Wolf oven, turn on the gas, and stick my head in.
I was SO depressed. If only because the furniture IS DUE TO BE DELIVERED THIS WEDNESDAY! 
I'm starting to worry that I'm going to get a brain aneurysm because of all these delays.
There is some cosmic joke being played on me that this all happened on PEARL HARBOR DAY.
So net/net here's the deal: 
the furniture and the windows are both arriving Wednesday morning. It may be a 3 ring circus with all that activity but I've decided it is what it is...BRING IT ALL ON. The workers will have to install the windows around the moving boxes and the movers will have to deliver the furniture around the window workers. 
So that was today's Bad News.
But there was some Good News (Yay).
I brought a couple of bags of clothes to the apartment late today, mostly because I wanted to see the progress (my friend Tony helped me deliver TWO CAR LOADS of clothes yesterday, btw).
The curved wood veneer wall was fully installed and it looks terrific, really sharp. VERY happy with this design choice. Steve's idea really makes the space look special and is a lovely visual focal point when you're in the main room and look into the hallway. There will be small track lighting hidden along the ceiling line above this wood wall that will 'bathe' it in downcast light...I think it will be quite dramatic. Here's a series of new pictures:

Those are drawers below and a cabinet above, the blue tape is temporary until the handles arrive

Another view
Recessed lights will be hidden up in that space at the ceiling line


View into hallway


Another view toward hallway


Kitchen entryway


Kitchen entry, refrigerator


Entryway coat closet

And here's a couple of new kitchen pictures...a closeup of the faucet (I love the aged bronze finish we chose for all the apartment's fixtures), and the new microwave.




One more piece of very good news: remember the wacky shower head installation, the one where the shower head came off the wall instead of being overhead?

The crazy wrong shower head installation, LOL
It's getting fixed. But I was wrong about it being overhead...it does belong on the wall but there is a long bar attachment that is missing, it allows the shower head to be raised and lowered depending on how high the showering person wants it. So all good here, it's an easy fix to add the bar, no need to uproot all those tiles! Whew. 

Watch this space for new developments..a LOT is going to happen this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment