Saturday, December 5, 2015

Murphy's law

Of course there had to be at least one major screw up (I'm not talking about scheduling delays, etc), but just plain dumb design mistakes.
I went to look at the progress this morning and--POW--it hit me right in the face when I saw the bathroom: the showerhead was in the completely wrong place! It's supposed to be an OVERHEAD rain shower fixture, NOT a normal sidewall showerhead. Big mistake. I have no idea if this is easy to fix or not. I do know that it will require running a pipe to the overhead position and retiling all those tiles along the way. UGH. But it has to be done, this is just plain silly. As the saying goes, "what were they thinking?"

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.
Otherwise more progress to report: Things are still not moving as fast as I would like (they never do), but it IS moving ahead. They have a LOT to do next week before the furniture arrives but I'm trying not to worry about it at this point. Something tells me though that I will have moved in but there will still be workers coming in and out the first week or so. Sigh.

Dining niche
Dining niche, another angle

View from main room into hallway, dining niche on right

Kitchen hood, new cabinets above installed


Laundry closet doors painted
Washer/dryer installed in laundry closet

View into bathroom

Sink


Light fixture above sink; medicine chest door won't hit the light (I asked), door is below light level


I love the square toilet!


Linen closet in bathroom


Bad picture, but view into hallway from main room
Wood veneer wall going into place




Wood veneer wall, another angle


View into main room


Mantel wall bookshelves primed, ready to be painted next week


Bed niche; captain's bed still to come

Mantel; millwork around TV area done

AC unit was installed


Entry way/front door; the dark gray paint idea worked, love it!


View of entryway from kitchen 


One of the main closets, door open

No comments:

Post a Comment