Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Schleppin'

All my furniture was packed and out of the apartment.
I was moving into Tony's place four blocks away and all I needed to do now was take all my clothes over there. Simple, right?
As if.
I thought I'd fill my big suitcase and roll it over a couple, maybe three times. Little did I know that it would take NINE OR TEN trips.
I severely underestimated how much clothes I had. And since I was going to be camped out at Tony's for five or six months, I needed to bring ALL my wardrobe...winter, spring, summer, and fall. That's a lot of sweaters and heavy coats. Sportcoats. Jeans. Shirts. Polos. And you forget how much room scarves, socks, underwear, and t-shirts take up. And shoes! So many shoes. Boots are the worst. Big, bulky, and heavy.
And all of this would have been fine except that I was rolling my suitcase a long four blocks away IN THE FRIGID MOST SNOWY WINTER I CAN REMEMBER. It was cold. It was messy. And it was annoying. 
Try rolling a suitcase in THIS.

I think when I move into the new apartment, I will splurge. I'll box up everything and have Oz Moving take it all in one trip. My schlepping days are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment