Thursday, March 5, 2015

"The cozy enclave"

I choose to believe in omens.
And when they're good ones, so much the better.
I closed on the apartment last week, and yesterday the NYTimes published an article about my neighborhood and it's new desirability, even calling out my building and showing a picture of it. 
Coincidence? Maybe.
But I choose to think it's a good sign too.
The piece describes Sutton Place as a "cozy enclave by the East River" and "homey".
With younger people and newer businesses moving into the neighborhood, the area has taken on a new sense of being a "little community".

You can see the article here.

Lots of lovely wintery photos are featured that give a sense of the regal gentility of the blocks and architecture.

Here are a few:

One of the small parks by the river

The beautiful view of the 59th St. Bridge

My building




























View of Sutton Place from the East River 

No comments:

Post a Comment