Monday, March 23, 2015

The wizards of Oz

My old apartment was sold.
The last walk-thru with the buyers and the closing were just a few weeks away.
I needed to pack up and get the hell out of Dodge, find some movers and figure out where to store all my stuff FAST.
But we've all heard the horror stories about moving companies in Manhattan.
They're rude and they have 'tude. Plus you pay out the nose.
I was nervous. Where to turn?

Luckily my friend Jan suggested OZ Moving & Storage. She had moved her four bedroom apartment a few years back and had a good experience with them. "They're great, you'll like them, " she said.
They were the first (and only) people I got a quote from.
And they lived up to the praise.
I spoke to a representative on the phone. She was polite and easy to talk to. I got a quick quote, we set a date, and I ordered all the boxes I needed (they arrived the next day!)
On the day of the move the crew of three arrived EARLY. They were so courteous and easy-going, and took their time packing and wrapping all the furniture carefully and completely. Granted, I didn't have an apartment full of priceless antiques, but the way they treated everything I felt like I did.
They were so efficient with their time that they finished exactly on time. 
And the best part was that the whole thing was a very reasonable price. No sticker shock whatsoever.
My whole life--minus clothes--was put on the big truck and it now sits in storage in Yonkers, New York until the day the new place is finished and I'm ready to move in.
So if you have any qualms about your move, do check out these guys. They were indeed gentlemen...and wizards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment