Saturday, March 7, 2015

The dotted line

The day I signed the selling agreement with the new buyers was a happy one, but also nerve wracking as hell.
My beautiful sister who lives in Atlanta was coming to visit me for Thanksgiving week.
I so wanted to show her the apartment I was going to buy so that she could see the "before" and someday in the future the "after". I had a signed selling agreement to purchase but was waiting for the Board to approve my financial package. There had been some questions and delays (more on this in a future posting).
In the meantime, I was still waiting for the contract for the selling of my place.
The Tuesday morning before the holiday David met us at the new apartment so I could show sis The Beautiful Wreck.
It was also the day we were supposed to get the selling agreement from the buyers. Both sides' attorneys had been sitting with the contract for days, going back and forth ironing out the details. But it was taking so long my nerves were frayed. I just wanted the thing signed and done. If something fell through and I had to find another buyer--starting the process all over again--I think I would have jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge.


Luckily David got the signed contract that morning. He was to bring it with him when we saw the apartment. I wanted to sign that thing as soon as possible. We went straight to a Kinko's a block away from the building and printed out the contract. David gave it the once over to make sure it was kosher, and I signed it right there in the middle of this tiny crowded store on a stack of cardboard boxes. My sister grabbed a photo of the momentous occasion. I shook hands with David and breathed a sigh of relief. SOLD! And the best part was that the offer was $100K ABOVE asking price :)

2 comments: