Monday, March 2, 2015

The dreaded scaffolding

I was absolutely positive it was the reason I wasn't going to sell my apartment.
Omigosh the handwringing I suffered through because of it.
A  couple of months before my place went on the market the building started re-appointing the outside brick on the entire building. Which meant MAJOR scaffolding around the whole thing.
And since my apartment was on the second floor there was a wooden platform just outside my big picture windows that faced the street. The view was RUINED.


I'd screwed the pooch bigtime.
Oh, the worry!
Thankfully, David talked me in off the scaffolding ledge...several times.
He said 'Don't worry...this market is HOT for apartments like yours. I promise you it won't make any difference.'
And you know what? He was right.
I made sure to leave photographs of what the view looked like for people to see at the open houses.
It was never a problem.
One lady even asked "So how do you get outside to the terrace?" HA!
The eventual buyers never even saw the view until a few days before the closing at the walk-thru, all the scaffolding had come down a few weeks prior.
Whew. Crisis averted.



No comments:

Post a Comment